Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Well I Thought About the Army"

      First day of Gadna was ridiculously hard!!! I came prepared for just about anything, but... at the opening ceremony I got sick and felt like I was going to puke where I was standing! I got to the back of the line and sat down. I actually cried I felt so sick but it turns out I was just extremely dehydrated. All I knew was from when I could stand again until now, I have drank more water than I have in the last week! I feel much better, and I did eventually go back to the Opening Ceremony.
      All day we stood still in the acshev position (legs together, feet in "V" formation, hands in a diamond shape behind out back but above out belt line) and listened to orders barked at us. I never valued a single minute as much as I do right now, especially with every minute accounted for here. I already know we can do SO much with 60 seconds. All I can say is I value my time here SO much more than I have ever done so in the past. I got back to my tent and I crashed! Today was my first day, until I realized just now... today wasn't even a full day!!! We got here after lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment