Monday, February 16, 2009

Out For The Weekend

      This Shabbat was defiantly a great time! Instead of enjoying it with EIE, my friend from camp took me and Rachel out for the weekend. It was so much fun. We got to meet all of her friends and visit Jerusalem off the tourist sites. I looked out of her window and saw the amazing view of Jerusalem... I could not believe what I was seeing. It looked like I was looking at a painting, it was so picture perfect. Her friends are pretty awesome, and I have to say, while I'm still learning Hebrew, being able to follow along in the Hebrew conversations made me feel pretty great about my two hours of Hebrew a day. To be honest, I actually just found out Hebrew class is two hours... I originally thought it was a little over an hour because it goes by so fast! Well, at least I know I love what I'm learning!!! 
      I can't believe a few days have passed since my last blog, because so much has happened. I suppose a lot of it is just so hard to articulate. Oh, when we went to Ben Yahuda Street, on Saturday I bumped into a lot of people! A camp friend who wasn't on EIE,  my brother's friend I have been talking to, and one of my Rabbis and his wife from home! I couldn't believe the small Jewish world we live in. THEN, the rest of my group were running into people they knew on Ben Yahuda, such as their 6th grade teacher! It's still pretty hard to believe we ran into that many people! Well, I have to go to math pretty soon, so I'll wrap up... but I'll definitely post with new adventures as soon as I have enough stories to tell.

1 comment:

  1. looks like you are still having an amazing time
    too bad you had to go to math *shivers*

    ha ha ha
    just kidding
    MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete