Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just Another Life to be Led

     It has been crazy how fast time has been flying by. I wish I could recall every second since my last post, but the issue is life just has to be led. Yom Hatzmeut was a whole bunch of fun! I was surprised, however, by the turn over from a day of national mourning to one of parties, concerts, dances, picnics, plays, skits, fireworks, and fun.
     What else can I say about my life here? I have been increasingly home sick, calling my family more often than normal, and my friends more than I should! (Dad, don't kill me over the phone bill... =] ).
     Well, what can I announce? My sixteenth birthday was yesterday! By far the best birthday I can recall. Just hanging out with friends, in all places ISRAEL, made it spectacular! Although, I came to realize this was probably the first birthday I was not home for, it was still a lot of fun. My roommates and friends made it a wonderful one. At midnight, Rach ran across the hall to my room and we exchanged gifts. Her face was absolutely priceless when she got her gift! With the help of friends pitching in, I'm pretty sure she'll never forget this gift. 
     I can NOT believe that this is our last month here. 26 days until I'm back in the States. Time is just hurrying on by. I really don't want to go back, but at the same token, I miss everyone SO extremely much! I never thought it was possible, but it turns out it is exceedingly difficult to talk to my parents or friends without aching to see them. I hope this doesn't cause me to rush the end of EIE, but all I can say is time is flying by and soon enough this will all be in the past. I can not express the wonders I have seen, or the things I have done, but I do know that when I am going home all I'll be thinking is what has changed? How have I changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment