Thursday, May 21, 2009

Half Past Midnight

     Today (or if you want to be technical, yesterday), I finished my last final and am now deemed a junior in high school. How did this happen all so fast? A sixteen year old, junior in high school, living independently in another country from her family, about to come back to a life that feels so foreign to her own. I can't imagine living with my parents again, but I welcome it, and I can't imagine waking up hours before school to take a yellow school bus, instead of walking across a narrow street three minutes before class. I'm not sure what to make of my experience, but it was a good one. To celebrate our new grades, wether its a new junior, a new senior, or a new graduate from high school, we went to yom hastudent, a huge concert in Tel-Aviv and had a blast. Ivri Lider, a really good musician I like played there, along with many other bands and individuals. I mainly hung out with my roommate, Lis, and all her friends who are in a study-abroad program in Israel as well. I cannot tell you the fun I had, and the liveliness of Israeli life I saw there. It was an extremely different experience than I have had on EIE before. I liked it. 
     Anyway, two weeks are left of Israel and it's about half past midnight, more or less approaching one. Tomorrow, I have an interview with a few other kids about our experiences on EIE, and then we go to the North. I'm not all that sure what we will be doing in the Golan, or for that fact at all over the next five days, but with school over and a close coming, I feel like it will be a lot of fun. WELL, lilah tov or good morning (which ever you prefer), and I'll tell you about our adventure when I return to Kibbutz Tzuba for what will be the last time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment