Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yofi!!!


Ani Po!!!! Heinani!!! 
I am here!

     Four PM Israeli time, EIE spring semester 2009 walked off our plane and for a lot of us, including myself, touched Israeli soil for the first time in our lives! After leaving David Ben Gurion Airport, we got onto our assigned buses! I have the pleasure of being on Bus #2 for the remainder of this semester. 
     There is no way to describe the thrill of finally reaching the Holy Land! But I suppose going chronologically would be best.
     Yesterday we had landed in David Ben Gurion Airport at about 4pm Israeli time, 9am New York Time. The ten hour plane ride was much easier than I would have imagined. With 119 EIE students taking over the plane, it seemed I could have easily jump into any seat and start a conversation with someone my own age. I met a massive amount of people, some of whom I'm still asking their names over and over! 
     Once we got to Kibbutz Tzuba, we went to the Belmont (a gathering room) and had an introduction from Baruch, our Principal. We then got our rooms and were sent on our way.
Looks like Room 138 will be my home for the next month and Sarah Shuster (a friend form camp), Elizabeth Franks, and Lauren Solomon are my roommates.
I couldn't be happier with my roommates, my new friends, or practically anything on EIE so far! Everything is just amazing!
     So far there has been a lot of downtime and I have already taken MANY pictures. I should go upload those and attach them! Or maybe I'll make a separate blog every few days with my pictures! Well, I'm all settled in my room, and everything is just great!
     I have to go, seeing as I could write forever about nothing on here... but all I can think is, WOW I can't believe I'm actually here!!!
Lilah Tov

No comments:

Post a Comment